I like to run on the eliptical at a little local gym in my area. I like a particular machine that has a tv attached that does not work. I like it because there aren't a lot of people going behind me (it's sort of in the corner) and it has the hand thingies where you can move your arms too. I feel like I can never get a good work out an an eliptical without the hand thingies. So yesterday I went in there and set my stuff down, got on the machine and started going. I grabbed at the hand thingies and slid right off in my hand! Realized they had been held together with electrical tape which had severed. I could just imagine the zealous person grooving in the moment, their work out high buzzing strong as the click swish clack swich of the eliptical machine slid below, as fast as he or she could possibly make it go when TUNK "w-woaaahoahh" THUD! The hand thingy is ripped out of it's socket and flies across the room, while the unfortunate gym member is left wondering what happened from floor.
That almost happened to myself a couple of times during the peak of my work out. I love that machine! I wasn't going to let defective hand thingies impede upon my quest for the work out buzz.
Which is why I mentioned this on this particular blog ( I only have one other, and I'm not ready to share that yet. I want a place where I can speak freely, without worrying about being judged by the members of the networks I belong to. The Judging is all in my head as I may have mentioned before) The feeling that overtakes you during a hard cardio work out an amazing feeling. I would rank it up there just under sex and right above standing on a beach on a sunny windy day. That's saying a lot for me, because I'm slightly obsessed with the beach. It is a feeling of pure happiness and exhilaration, a sensation of separateness from your body and yet complete and total inhabitence within it. It is definately a sort of meditation, although it is difficult to observe your mind at 64 RPMs.
Time for work.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment